Kinect identifies basic body gestures and execute relevant actions for every gesture. Here is a list of the basic gestures and their associated actions.
- Wave around slowly to move objects
- Bow forwards to accept conditions in app (follows cultural gesture)
- Head left-right to deny (follows cultural gesture)
- Two handed pinch for zoom in/out
- Point somewhere to highlight stuff
- Hands to eyes for search
- Move step forward to enter in the app
- Other common gesture is the mouse cursor invocation, which is characterized by a vigorous waving motion. Once instantiated, a person needs to drive it over to a button (no easy task) and then push their hand forward in a sort of “high-five” manner to press it.