The Life cycle of the bug can be discussed in below points:
- The bug has been found and locked in the tracking system; it will be treated as New Bug in the system.
- The bug is then assigned to the concerned developer for resolution and for knowing its cause.
- The developer looks in to the possibilities of resolving and tries to fix it completely.
- Tester validates the resolved issues and he checks for the regression scenario.
- If the issue is found to be fixed then he choose to Close the issue else he will Re-open the same.
- The cycle follows for the re-opened issue till it gets closed.
Note: Confirm all the bugs of severity 1 and 2 against final build for the release. Happy Testing…!!!!