There are many things to keep in mind while performing an SEO test on your site. Few of them are listed below. But before staring that I would like to tell you what exactly is SEO.
SEO stands for Search engine optimization that means whenever a word or phrase is been enter in the search box of any search engine such as Google, Yahoo, Bing…etc. these engines will create a list of your site pages(i.e. will index the entire site) and will keep them into a giant database as a record .
The process of fetching goes like, when the search request comes it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the database and give you the best related information given inside your page.
Why to perform SEO of your site?
As the question arises, the answer of that is simple. As the technology is developing fast every time there are some or the other updation and so as same in the SEO industry too, what is working today may not work after 6 months from now. So it’s necessary to perform SEO test at least twice a year, to check that your site is updated with latest development.
How to perform your own SEO Test?
SEO test have various checklist that helps the site, to be updated and stand in this competitive market.
The points to be remembered with short description are:-
1) Title tag: Is the first information of your site that user see, what the page is about while they search.
This tag defines a title in the browser toolbar, provides a title for the page when it is added to favorites and displays a title for the page in search-engine result.
- Meta description.
- Meta keyword.
Header & bold tag :-
- Header tags rang from <h1> to <h6> that must be used to get the heading distinguish from each other.
- Keyword should be mentioned in italics, bold, or emphasis (<em>),
So as to increase the importance of that words for search engine.
- Keyword variation.
- Keyword density.
- Similar keywords.
- Inbound link.
- Outbound links.
- Meaningful URL must be used.
- Alt tag (should be present)
- Image description
- Images are compressed to minims size
7. Favicon must be present properly.
8. Anchor tag <a href=”…”></a> is a clickable link that users will be able to see and use if links are place between this tag.
- Links such as:
9. Robot.txt file should be present that helps you to specify the pages that should not be indexed.
10 Sitemap should be there (XML form). There must be two site maps one for the user and other for search engine.
11. Inline CSS should be clubbed in one external file so as to make the page lighter.
12. Social media check.
13. Mobile usability.
14. Hidden text (should not be there).
15. Google analytic code.