Many new SharePoint users wonder how to create a form in SharePoint. Creating a form in SharePoint is relatively easy, however, once you have completed designing your form template, it is likely you will want to publish it so your customers can fill the form based on the template you created. Users are required to have access to the location at which the form is published to do this. In this article, we tell you how to publish a SharePoint 2013 Infopath form.
SharePoint Form library is the collection of XML forms (InfoPath forms). SharePoint Form library available in the Site Contents of the site used to create/save/update the InfoPath forms. In our previous blog, we have demonstrated to implement the InfoPath form using Web Service template. After implementing the form you require to save and publish the form in SharePoint library. Here below we are elaborating the steps to publish the InfoPath form in Form library:
1. First of all, save the form on the physical location of the system, go to the File tab of InfoPath form, from left navigation click on the Publish link and select the SharePoint Server option.
2. In Publishing Wizard, write the SharePoint site URL and click on Next.
3. Select the Form Library option and click on Next.
4. If you select the Create a new form library option then click on Next. In Publishing Wizard window, mention the form library name in the Name text box. The description is an optional box if you want you can add the description related to form library and then click on Next. It will automatically create the Form library in the Site Contents of the site. If you select the Create a new form library option then skip step 6.
5. Without updating anything in next window of the Publishing Wizard, click on Next. Skip the step 6.
6. If you have already created the Form library on site then select the Update the form template in an existing form library option and select the Form library on which you want to publish the form. Now click on the Next button. Without updating anything in next window of the Publishing Wizard, click on Next.
7. Click on Publish to publish the form in the form library. After publishing the form, you can create the form from a newly created Form library and also perform the update operation on form from the same library.
The steps that you are required to follow to publish a form in SharePoint are so simple that even novice users who don’t have too much experience with SharePoint can do so. Even still, we have detailed the process so you can easily create a form in SharePoint and publish it. To make any updates or save any changes to the form, you will need to access the SharePoint form library.
To know more about capabilities of SharePoint please feel free to write us on email@example.com Our experts will assess your business requirements and provide you the support you need.