InkScape is a free open source vector graphics editor. Its native format is Scalar vector graphics (SVG) which is used for illustrations, Drawing, Line arts, Charts, logos and complex paintings & create Bezier curves and pick color from images etc. Some features of InkScape are:-
- Draw: – Rectangle, Circle, Ellipse, polygons, Line, Bezier curves, calligraphic strokes.
- Color picker tool, Color Selector: – RGB, HXL, color wheel and CMS.
- Text tool, Multiline Text, Boolean operations.
- Path simplification, Node Editing, Bitmap tracing
- Transformations, Z-order operations, grouping objects, alignments and distribution commands.
Now let’s take an example to understand InkScape.
- Download InkScape setup from “https://inkscape.org/en/download/” and run on your system.
- Open InkScape and choose rectangle from left panel. After that select circle and place it in rectangle.
- Fill color in rectangle and circle using color picker (F7 key).
- Select both the objects and group using Group function (Menu Bar>>Object>> Group).
5. Save it as SVG file format.
6. Now save it in XAML format.
7. Open XAML file in notepad/wordpad. Select full <viewbox> from it and paste in your project to render it.
Benefit of using SVG is your object quality will not get affected on change of resolutions.