SharePoint Support FAQ’s
To troubleshoot the issue, please perform following-
- Check SharePoint server and Backend Server responding properly
- Try to ping
- Check the SharePoint Services running properly
- Check the Database Services running properly
- Check the app pool and site running properly
If sharepoint server drives full, please perform below to troubleshoot the issue
- Check if windows updates done
- Check if you SharePoint logs: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\\LOGS
- Check if you have SQL server installed on the same server
- Check if SQL logs increased
- Take a look at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp
Check the following permissions and assign required permission
- Log on to the site by using admin account
- Go to site settings
- Site permissions
- click on the check permission
- use account does not have permission and click check
- and update/make the required permission
SMTP and Email need to configure to troubleshoot the below issue
- SMTP details are correct
- SMTP details fill in Central Admin
- Exchange is relying emails for sharepoint server
- User account have email ID in their profile or not
- Please check if user profile synch is working
- Check user profile sync jobs history
- Check failed job and see if there any failed for user profile
- Check profile connection setup properly or not
The databases require upgrade because their versions are earlier than the backward-compatible range, or the databases are not supported because their versions are later than the current version of SharePoint Server
- Need to upgrade the farm after patching up the sharepoint
- Run the psconfig command to upgrade farm
- Check the compatibility issue
To troubleshoot the above issue you need to perform following steps-
- Check the site binding in IIS
- Check the AlterNet Access Mapping
- Check the Windows Firewall port allow to http or https
Yes, user can design the SharePoint site same as any other websites. Users can drag drop files onto SharePoint document library and from there user can use those files to design the template (Look and Feel).
Yes, each user can work on the same document at once, there you can maintain versioning and you can see the real-time changes and who modified.
Yes, search is like a web search for your enterprise or business. Its continuous crawl the data and you can find anything within the site.
Yes, you can provide different/specific permissions for each user. There are few default permission level but you can also customize own permission. Like you can provide only visit permission to one user who can just read the document and site, contribute or edit permission to one who can edit create delete document and contents etc.
Yes, SharePoint provides versioning and which is unlimited. You can go to the document versions and can select the specific version you want.
If anyone is editing the document/page then the document or page get checked out which inform other users that the document is being edited by another user.
Yes, SharePoint is mobile enabled by default. There are 2 view options mobile view and PC view, depending on your company’s version of SharePoint. Users who are connecting site with their mobile can switch the view by just clicking on settings and then follow the instructions.
Yes, SharePoint supports unlimited users so you can add as many users as you want.
Yes, you can add Active Directory users in SharePoint; you just need to configure your AD in Central Admin.
Yes, since it is a part of Microsoft Office 365, it provides the same security environment which includes network security, access security, and data security.
There are four types of libraries we can use in SharePoint
- Document Library
- Picture Library
- Form Library
- Wiki page Library.