Moodle is open source LMS tool and if you are here you probably have little understanding about Moodle and SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model).
This blog will give you a brief overview about SCORM in Moodle.
Moodle provides inbuilt feature to create courses, but the problem with the courses created with Moodle inbuilt feature is that they are not LMS independent i.e. you can reuse the courses but only in Moodle not in other LMS systems. Now SCORM stands for Sharable Content Object Reference Model.
That means you can easily share the SCORM package without worrying about which LMS system is been used.
- SCORM 1.1: The first version was released in January 2001. It was not widely accepted.
- SCORM 1.2: The second version was released in October 2001. It is widely accepted and used to date.
- SCORM 2004: This was a more complex version of SCORM which support sequencing of contents with different paths the user could take. It was released in January 2004.
Moodle does not generate SCORM content. Moodle presents the content in SCORM package to learners and saves the data from learner interactions with the SCORM package.
There are open source and commercial authoring tools available for creating SCORM packages.
Below are few of them
- eXe OPEN SOURCE SCORM Development Package: The eXe project is freely available open source authoring application which teachers and academics can use to publish web contents without the need to be proficient in HTML or XML.
- Xerte OPEN SOURCE SCORM Development package: The Xerte project provides authoring tool that can easily be used to create media-reach, interactive contents without knowing underlying technologies.
- ActivePresenter: ActivePresenter allow you to create interactive contents with branching capabilities, quizzes, audio, video etc.
- Articulate: Articulate storyline is a solution in developing SCORM content for Moodle. It one of the most popular can complete package for developing e-learning materials
- Captivate: Adobe’s Captivate software allows you to create fully functional interactive lessons with quizzes, scoring, and integration with Moodle.
Moodle SCORM Support
- SCORM 1.2 is supported in Moodle 2.1 or higher and passed all the tests in ADL Conformance test suite 1.2.7 for SCORM 1.2.
- SCORM 2004 is not supported in Moodle.
- https://www.easy-lms.com/help/lms- knowledge-center/what- is-scorm/item10195
Ignatiuz having strong expertise to provide better solution for Learning ManagementSystem (LMS) Solution as per the client requirements. To know more about the providing’s- http://ignatiuz.com/solutions/lms-solutions/
If you have any query or want more information on SCORM, contact us today at +1-484-876- 1867 or send us a message.